- VISION & MISSION
- HOD MESSAGE
- NOTICE BOARD
- STUDENT PROJECTS
The Mechanical Engineering Department of SGOI Faculty of Engineering & Management, Belhe was started in the year 2010. The goal of the Department is to prepare students for successful careers in mechanical industry that meets the needs of Indian and multinational companies or to excel in higher studies.
The Department has experienced and dedicated faculty members with strong commitment to the engineering education and professional ethics.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering prioritize the necessary revamping of Mechanical Engineering education, which is driven primarily by dynamics of technological advances and sustainable development and with active involvement of industry, alumni, research organizations and other stakeholders.
|Department Name||Intake||DTE Code|
To be a reputed rural education institute providing superior and trustworthy professionals of high calibre
To create technical professionals through:
-State of art rural education institute by providing trained and motivated professional force.
-Disseminating technical and professional education to rural section of the state.
-Excelling consistently to create technical and professional hub.
We are committed to explore the rural potential by providing high class education hub, creative entrepreneurs, professionals to contribute in growth and make more lives productive
A warm and affectionate welcome from the Department of Mechanical Engg. at Samarth College of Engg. Mechanical Engg. is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment. Our department has a team of qualified and experienced faculty and staff members and we are striving hard continuously to improve upon the quality of education and to maintain its position of leadership in engineering and technology. We always work with the motto “Nothing can be achieved without genuine effort." The core values of the department help the students to develop their overall personality and make them worthy technocrat to compete and work at global level. Our department has been conducting seminar / conferences since its beginning to keep the faculty and students abreast with the latest developments in the field of technical education. I am certain that our students will prove to be an invaluable asset to an organization.
Prof. A. L. Khatode.
Head & Asst. Professor (Mechanical)
SGOI COE&FOM, Belhe.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO's)
- To mould the budding engineers for the successful professional career in Indian and multinational Companies, consulting firms and government organizations.
- To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for graduate studies.
- To develop the ability among students to synthesize data and apply technical concepts for product design, manufacturing and entire value chain.
- To provide opportunity for students to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects to encourage the leadership and teamwork skills.
- To promote the awareness of the life-long learning and techno-entrepreneurship.
- To motivate and ensure the multifaceted development of students through proper exposure, opportunities and training.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO's)
- Engineering Knowledge: Graduates will demonstrate application of fundamental knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering.
- Problem Analysis: Graduate will demonstrate the ability to identify, formulate, research literature and analyze complex engineering problems.
- Design/Development of Solutions: Graduates will have the confidence to apply engineering solutions in socio-technical contexts by demonstrating awareness of contemporary issues.
- Conduct Investigation of Complex Problems: Graduates will demonstrate the ability to identify, formulate and solve mechanical engineering problems using research based knowledge and research methods.
- Modern Tool Usage: Graduates will be familiar with modern engineering software tools and equipment to analyze engineering problems.
- The engineer and Society: Graduate will be able to apply contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, Safety, legal and cultural issues.
- Environment and Sustainability: Graduate will understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of their professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Individual and Team Work: Graduates will demonstrate the ability to function on engineering task as well as on multidisciplinary design teams.
- Communication: Graduates will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Project Management and Finance: Graduate will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to work as a member or leader of team.
- Life-long learning: Graduates should be capable of self-education and clearly understand the value of lifelong learning.
Program Outcomes (PO's)
- Graduates will demonstrate application of fundamental knowledge in mathematics, science and Mechanical engineering.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to identify, formulate and solve mechanical engineering problems using research based knowledge and research methods.
- Graduates will have the confidence to apply engineering solution in rural based agricultural problems and demonstrate the knowledge of need for sustainable development.
- Graduates will be familiar with Modeling, ANSYS and MATLAB software tools to analyze mechanical engineering problems and clearly understand the value of lifelong learning to update knowledge of modern software tools.
- Graduate will be able to apply contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, Safety, legal and cultural issues as a professional and ethical responsibility.
- Graduate will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to work as a member or leader of multidisciplinary design team.
|1||Prof.Amol L. Khatode||Head & Asst. Professor||7 Yrs||BE, ME (Design Engg.)|
|2||Prof.Ghadge S.||Asst. Professor||7 Yrs||BE, ME (Heat Trans.)|
|3||Prof.Sachin N. Shelke||Asst. Professor||5 Yrs||BE, ME (Cadd)|
|4||Prof.Bhausaheb P. Kolhe||Asst. Professor||5.5 Yrs||BE, ME (Design)|
|5||Prof.Sandip S. Nehe||Asst. Professor||4 Yrs||BE, ME (Design Engg.)|
|6||Prof.Chetan Dokhe||Asst. Professor||3 Yrs||BE, M.Tech (Design Engg.)|
|7||Prof.Vipul R. Navle||Asst. Professor||5 Yrs||BE, ME (Mechanical)|
|8||Prof. Dhobale S.||Asst. Professor||5 Yrs||BE, ME (Mechanical)|
Departmental Time Tables
|Lab Name||FLUID MECHANICS/TURBO MACHINES|
|Equipments||Venturimeter, Orifice and multi piece Apparatus ,Bernaullis Theorem Apparatus ,Redwood Viscometer Apparatus,Pressure Measuring Devices,Reynolds Apparatus,V notch Apparatus,Metacentric height of ship model Bourdon,tube pressure gauge set up,Pelton wheel,Centrifugal pump,Imapact of jet apparatus|
|Lab Name||CAD/CAM LAB|
|Equipments||Nastran , Patron, AUTOCAD, Mastercam ,Matlab|
|Lab Name||Strength of Material Lab|
|Equipments||Computerized Universal Testing Machine,Compression Testing Machine,Torsion Testing Machine|
|Lab Name||Transportation Engineering|
|Equipments||IC engine test setup ,exhaust gas analyser,catalytic converter ,Turbo charger ,Solex carburettor,battery ignition system,Single cylinder 4 stroke petrol engine ,Single cylinder 2 stroke petrol engine|
|Lab Name||ENGINEERING METALLURGY|
|Equipments||Metallurgical Microscope ,Specimen for microscope ,Poldi Hardness Tester,Single Disc Polishing Machine ,Polish paper ,Sylvet cloth ,Lavigated Alumina ,Diamond paste and spray|
|Lab Name||DYNAMICS OF MACHINARIES|
|Equipments||Static and dynamic balancing apparatus ,Whirling of shaft Apparatus ,Motorized gyroscope ,Universal vibration system apparatus ,Digital Vibrometer ,Noise Meter ,Shock absorber trainer|
|Lab Name||HEAT TRANSFER|
|Equipments||Thermal conductivity of insulating powder apparatus ,Thermal conductivity of metal rod apparatus ,Heat transfer through composite wall apparatus ,Heat transfer through Pin/Fin apparatus ,Heat transfer in Natural convection apparatus ,Heat transfer in Forced convection apparatus ,Critical Heat Flux apparatus ,Emissivity measurement apparatus ,Stefan Boltzman apparatus ,Heat pipe demonstrator|
|Lab Name||APPLIED THERMODYNAMIC LAB|
|Lab Name||AUTOMOBILE TRANSMISSION LAB|